Wednesday, August 21, 2013

THE BIG DAY #2 (traVelinG to SiTe!!!!) 8/19/13



Today I woke up at 6:30 because we were leaving the dorms at 7 so that we could get the bus at 8. I admit that I slept most of ride due to the lack of sleep I had while in Darkhan and UB. I can only describe myself as a walking zombie at this stage of my service and I cannot wait to get some great sleep in my Ger. When we were about a half hour away from Tseterleg I decided to look around and saw a little city in the distance on a mountain-like area. As we got closer I realized that this was my site. I was stoked. It was beautiful! The mountains are huge, and the town looks so quaint and tiny next to them. We pulled up to what I am guessing is the bus station and got into a cab that took us to my hasha family where I would be staying for the next two years. Pulling up to the house I was anxious to meet them and see my new dwellings.  Getting out of the car I immediately saw my hasha mother on the phone.  She smiled and showed me into my hasha and more importantly my ger. It was exciting. When I opened the door I immediately saw a fridge and an oven. EXCITING! Also I saw my bed, a kitchen table with chairs my woodstove, a dresser (consequently missing shelves {I shall get right on that one}), and a cupboard to store food pots and pans and utensils in. After a bit of shopping I can currently make pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, and pb and j’s.  Clearly Ill be going to the Delgore again tomorrow for some more food, and perhaps look into finding something to fill the void on one side of my wall. I’m thinking a couch, big chair or I could make a comfortable floor sitting area. It is suggested that I ask my school because they may be able to help me out! Luckily, my supervisor is awesome and can probably help my cause!
It has been an incredible two months and I cannot wait to see what the remainder of my service is going to be like.   

No comments:

Post a Comment