Thursday, August 29, 2013

DeLiCiOuS AttEmPts!



My site-mates and I have become very close in a really short amount of time! Thus, we spend a lot for time together and attempt to cook usually at least one meal a day. While I foresee this changing come winter, for the time being it is a blast.
Things we have tried:
Pizza
We made this with a sauce Mongolians call salad: it has peppers, tomato sauce, and mushrooms in it.  American cheese; it is the only cheese we can find in our Aimag center, and Tomatoes.  We made the crust out of flour water and yeast.
We first made the crust..added the “salad”, topped it with tomatoes and covered it with American cheese…and then baked it in my soviet style oven.  This dish came out “not Pizza, but tasty”.

Garlic knots.
We made dough out of flour, water and yeast. We used some spices that will had and added it to the dough (garlic salt, Italian spices, red pepper).  We rolled cut off chunks and rolled them into worm like shapes and put cheese slices on them and twisted them into knot-like shapes. We lathered them in olive oil, and baked them. They came out “Not quite Garlic knots, but tasty”.

SALAD
I made this by myself and it came out exactly like it was supposed to.
The dressing consists of vinegar and sugar.
Ingredients include:
A half an apple
Half a red and half a green bell pepper
Some onion (you can choose if you want a lot or a little as I usually use a less than a quarter of one)
A tomato
And cabbage.
Cut everything into small pieces and add you salad dressing. It is best when It is left to soak over-night before you eat it. It lasts a few days so it’s a good salad to make!
SUSHI
The Sushi was delicious!  We used, Rice, Tuna fish, some of the salad I made and soy sauce. It was spicy and delicious.  One of my site mates rolled the sushi up; as I was making cookies, I will need to try to roll sushi myself at some point.
Chocolate Cookie Pancakes
We attempted cookies but they came out like baked pancakes. It was “Not chocolate chip cookies, but DELICIOUS!” 
Mix
2 ¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Mix till creamy
I cup butter
1 ½ cups of sugar, coca cola and honey mixture
Stir into the flour mix gradually and add choice of chocolate
Bake until done at some unknown temperature (Welcome to my oven)*
We also made Soyvan a Mongolian Dish
We cut up potatoes, Peppers, carrots, onions, garlic, and cooked them in olive oil.  We cut up some chicken and after browning it, added the veggies and cooked it in water with the soyvan noodles for 20 minutes. It was a delicious Mongolian meal!, and came out like it was supposed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment