Wednesday, August 21, 2013

THE BIG DAY #1 Saturday, 8/17/13



I woke up early, got ready and went with Cal and Jake to practice before everyone got there. Performance would occur after the Peace Corps country director (Darlene), the American Ambassador and minister of Mongolia spoke and then the PST (Peace Corps Trainees) swore in. It was a long time to wait but the excitement of swearing in helped. There were five performances. First up Jake and Cal who sang a duet about flowers and girls, and after them a very cute singing performance by the healthies.  Zach played the horse string violin, I danced and Leslie sang a beautiful Mongolian opera song. As I got up there to dance, I felt like my old self. I was nervous to perform but the minute I got up there, I was excited and overjoyed. I am so glad I went through with the performance! After the ceremony, we quickly had to say goodbye to our home stay families. My two brothers, mother, sister and niece came to the ceremony. It was so incredibly nice of them to take the trip from Shammar to Darkhan! At 3, after an amazing spread of food that we had yet to see from the Darkhan hotel a bus full of trainees and a bus full of the PCV’s made the four hour drive the Ulaanbaatar where we would be staying for a couple of days.  That night, the M-23’s had a party for us at a UB club. It was nice to meet more M-23’s and have the opportunity to hear their experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment