Thursday, September 5, 2013

SePTEmBEr 4, 2013 My PC DoC ApPoIntMeNt!



At 9:30 I was supposed to be at my doctor’s appointment at the PC office.  Apparently I have acculturated to Mongolian time because I was about 15-20 minutes late. I did however manage to call which ony if you are lucky happens in Mongolia. The reason I was late….breakfast. We all gotta eat right? This particular breakfast café in UB entailed a delicious Tiramisu latte and pancakes. Surely, something I won’t be able to enjoy until my next trip to UB! At any rate, I made it to my appointment, where my pinky was poked and prodded. It was then determined that I would very much need to have an MRI since it was quite clear the swelling had not gone down and it still hurt. I had previously thought that my finger had been broken but this was not so, an error on my part. I was also read the hand surgeons report. He stated that sometimes ligaments will heal themselves if there is minor damage and that the finger should be healed in six weeks. He also indicated if there is severe damage a surgical procedure may be needed to fix the tendons. It was then indicated that I would be having an MRI scan to see what is going on in there. Since UB is the only city that has an MRI scanner bribery with delicious snacks like cake ensued and I was able to get in the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment