Thursday, September 5, 2013

LoSt In UB, aNd RaNdOm TiDbIts!.

I feel that I am continually wandering around UB. While I am given directions from my soum buddy and pretty much anyone else that I ask, I find myself walking way farther because of my ability to become lost on even the easiest of walks. I have learned if I ask enough people on these escapades, I am able to eventually find an English speaker. Score! When it is sunny and beautiful out, UB is quite nice to walk around. There is a pizza place that I have gone to for lunch for the past two days that has, I kid you not, the best pepperoni pizza I have ever had. Pair it with a glass of Merlot and a book and you have yourself a classy moment! I have also been able to enjoy various little shops that are extremely fun to go into but will destroy a PC's pocket book for months to come. While I find this to be a fantastic time for now, especially since I have a very flexible schedule at the moment; I see this becoming a significant problem when it is -30 and we have to be in UB for various reasons. So, I have made up my mind. When colder weather hits, I am utilizing a map. My mom and dad still live by maps and would swear by them over any navigation system out there. They have always told me it is important to learn how to read a map and with the current lack of cellphone technology (I have regressed back to a NOKIA phone, similiar to the one I had when I was 15) I have decided to finally take their advice. Thanks mom and dad, your lessons of my adolescence are still valid today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment