Tuesday, September 17, 2013

SEpTemBer 16, 2013 SuCCessFul MoMenTs!



Today I spent the majority of the day doing more exploration of my school and my site. I was able to find world vision with the help of Michael who came in from Tirat and his friend Urtaa. While Brittany and I were not able to meet the director we did establish a good time to come back tomorrow. Brittany was also able to come to my school and together we went to the dorms. There are currently 96 children and one teacher in the dorms. We have been told that it would be great to have us play games with the children as well as educate about Hygiene and perhaps Lifeskills. My counterpart has agreed to start Lifeskills classes with me when I return from Thailand. Brittany and I have also received the okay to run an English Club twice a week an hour and a half each time. We would have about 20 in our groups and we would have the younger and older population in separate classes.  In the community, a Monglish club is also in the works. While we have all of these great idea’s, coordinating locations and starting them will be the real challenge. As of current, my school is very busy preparing activities for Tsetserleg’s 90th anniversary, which is subsequently also my schools 90th anniversary. I have been asked to dance and today I will be starting a group dance with a number of teachers here. Practice will start at 5:30 and could continue till about 8 or 9. I am also hopeful that when I show up in 10 minutes, I won’t be asked to teach a dance!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment