Tuesday, September 17, 2013

PiNkY PT? FrIdAY ThE 13TH



I am currently back at my site awaiting my trip to Thailand. I was told that there is damage to the tendons and ligaments and I will need to bend and stretch my pinky using my other hand. I was also given a Bengay type of muscle relaxing cream that is supposed to rubbed into my pinky approximately 15 minutes before the bending and stretching commences.  On the second of October I go to Ulaanbaatar to fill out paper work and on the 4th I will fly to Thailand for surgery on the 5th.  I can say that there are worse places than Thailand I could be going to and I am thoroughly excited for this impromptu trip!
Today I have spent acculturating back into my site. After much interest in my pinky, I was asked if I would dance the traditional Mongolian dance I did in Darkhan for School one’s anniversary on the 26th, by my training supervisor Dashka. They wanted me to dance today (Friday) however; since I haven’t practiced that dance at all I asked if we could hold off on the rehearsal till Monday or next week sometime. I also don’t have the music so this could get a little hairy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment