Thursday, September 5, 2013

SeptEmBeR 3, 2013 My FiNGeR SaGa CoNtInUeS!



Last week I was told that I would need to come to Ulaanbaatar to have my finger looked out so, today was the day that I left Tsetserleg and journey’s the eight hours on the bus. I was minorly excited about this, but only if it ends in Thailand which every volunteer hopes to be med-evaced (evacuated) to. Mongolia does not have Peace Corps satisfactory equipment to do anything surgical so Thailand is where they send PCV’s who need these services.  When I arrived, as instructed by my Soum buddy (an M-23 PCV Volunteer who happened to also be in UB; and with whom I would be staying) I booked it to the street and away from the hustle and bustle of the Dragon Center. The Dragon Center is a bus station that is full of taxi drivers who will rip you off and scavengers who will steal wallets and rip open backpacks for your valuables. I felt at this time, It was as good time as ever to learn the bus route and immediately started asking any female who would listen where I should go to take a bus and what bus I should get on for the Department Store, as I would be staying near it. I found the correct side of the street that I should be on to take the bus and had just sat down and unzipped my purse for money when I saw two buses abruptly stop to let off people and within seconds was enroute again. Now, I thought Boston was bad, but this was ridiculous, and consequently my first lesson of bus etiquette. When another bus was in sight I was ready to jump on! I got off in this rapid fashion as well and made it to my final destination with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment