Thursday, October 10, 2013

A TouRiSt MomEnT aNd PinKy ProBleMs...

These last few days in Thailand have been fantastic! I have traveled on a river taxi visiting various tourists places, sat in a few bars with some live music, (some of these performers have the most amazing voices), and managed to even visit a hooka bar. I saw another PCV's parents for dinner on three occasions and the plethora of information they have divulged about the city and the places to visit has been invaluable. 

Pinky PT seems to be going well and the drugs they gave me for the pain and swelling seemed to have decreased the symptoms. I have another meeting with the hand surgeon on Saturday so I could be discharged as early as Monday...(just a guess). When I met with the surgeon, I think he felt that i could benefit from PT and OT, and intervening with surgery before trying other options could potentially make my pinky worse. Who wants a crooked pinky for the remainder of their life? 

pictures will be uploaded tonight:-)












 A day out to the weekend market:





              Enjoying a nice night stroll through Bangkok!








                      The View from the Hospital! AMAZING!



For 150 baht...equivalent to about 8 dollars you can go on a river tour and see all the applicable touristy spots:-)



The Grand Palace! I'm home! Construction began in 1782 with King Rama deciding to move his capital from Thonburi.






Some random temple, and dog I saw on the way to Wat Rakhang Rhositaram.



This dog was adorable: He followed me around and when I stopped, so did he. He would not let me pet him but did pose so I could take his picture! <3







Wat Rakhang Khositaram: Royal Temple built in the reighn of King Rama (1782-1809 AD) When a giant Bell was unearthed during a renovation, it was renamed (rakhang).














Even these "rats with wings" take over in Thailand!











Wat Traimit Wittayaram- Home of the worlds largest Golden Buddha (3 meter's 5 tons). Get there late enough, around closing time and you can get in to see it for FREE:-)





















Clearly this guy just needed a snooze!


WARNING....WARNING!






The Cabaret Bar





No comments:

Post a Comment