Wednesday, November 20, 2013

ShOeS!!! (AnD ClOthEs!)

When I left home, I left my shoes. You know the cute sparkly shoes with the peep toes that you wear for a night out on the town. The shoes that make you wish you didn't have feet by the end of the night! I also left behind my best clothes. The sparkly short skirt, super cute dress that you would only wear on a night out on the town. Had I known, I would have done things differently. Instead of my wardrobe consisting of "smart" professional clothing; like I would wear to work in the states, I would have instead brought that tight purple sparkly dress and those to die for stilettos. The fact was, I didn't know. Women in Mongolia dress to the nines. We're talking stilettos, short skirts, cute tops. The type of clothing we as American's wear to the club is completely appropriate for work. While some are a little more sophisticated with suits (it varies aimag to aimag) the consensus remains to same when it comes to shoes. Learning to walk on ice with stiletto boots is a necessity if not a requirement. If I had only known, those favorite Steve Maddens and Betsy Johnson shoes would have been packed and I wouldn't be pinning for them for the next two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment