Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Things come in THREES!

I have always been told that things come in threes. Today was day two of things that just don't quite go right. It started with a phone call from my site mate expressing that we had somehow managed to switch modems and that the gmobile people (after 2 hours of fussing) made her buy a new gmobile card. While she had stated do not cancel my number...lost in translation...they cancelled it, right before I was going to use the video of Rudolph to teach my kids Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Needless to say i booked it to gmobile after my class and things got sorted (with a bit of help from her English speaking counterpart). I had to buy more MB for my internet because they couldn't transfer the credits from Brittany's Gmobile to mine. Frustrating but we worked it out. I was luckily, able to find a red dress for new years and finish up my xmass decorations list. After our shopping excursion (very Mongolian of us) I went back to work. Throughout the day teachers had been coming up to me and talking about the new year. Being me I just smiled and nodded saying "za" yes. After about the fourth time, one of the art teachers came in and sat down and discussed this celebration with me (in Mongolian). It was indicated that I would need to teach a dance and I would be singing. It was also indicated that only "new teacher's" would be doing this.  I immediately called an English teacher to clarify after this discussion. I am in fact, with 5 or 6 other teachers in charge of putting on a concert for the teachers next Friday the 27th. While this is exciting, it is supposed to be 4 hours long. I am hopeful that other teachers will also be singing and dancing and acting like I will be. While I was hopeful this week would be slow and I could eeeease on back into things. As it sits, this week and next will in fact be quite the opposite filled with bustling activities and New Years Cheer. Luckily, this is my favorite time of the year so this should be an endeavor I will at least enjoy...
For your listening pleasure..


No comments:

Post a Comment