Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Social Work

Yesterday, around 5pm, I was told by my counterpart that we were going to do a Social Worker training at the teacher's college. I would only need to take about 5 minutes, so I wasn't too worried. I realized this morning that in fact I was teaching young kids and that Social Workers from the college were coming to my school. Due to this fact, I opted not to use my power point on social work because the wording was a little more formal and geared towards professionals. It went very well, although I found myself going over the time limit (I've acculturated people)! I worked with an English teacher who translated so the students would know WHAT I was talking about! It was great fun! After, a million pictures were taken with me by the Social Workers who had presented. The training ended with a University Social Worker Teacher asking me to come do a training on American Social Work in January. It made me realize how quickly the time passes! In January it will be a full year since I was sent an invitation to join Peace Corps Mongolia! Finally, while sitting at my desk working on my VRF (Voljunteer Report Form that entails everything we have accomplished while we have been here) the news team came in to report. Since no English speakers were around, my counterpart Toghtoo talked about me while they video taped me working at my desk. They even video taped my power point on American Social Work. Sadly, my fingers have a bit of ash on them from my fight with the fire this morning, and my nails are NOT at all polished, so I am hopeful they did NOT zoom in on that atrocity!
For your entertainment:






No comments:

Post a Comment