Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's the Holiday season!

I have never been homesick until Christmas hit. The Sunday before my site mates came over and we ate spaghetti and meatballs, had a group picture and watched Christmas Movies. It was a fun time and it was even more exciting because we had found out that we were able to get ground beef (hence the meatballs). The spaghetti and meatballs came out tasty tasty despite not having enough sauce and the meatballs not keeping their form. 



The next night we went to Will's apartment (which has recently become Lorre's apartment) and we watched more x-mass movies with onesies. I haven't worn a onsie in YEARS but it was a nice reminder of how warm I could be if I decided to invest in one. 



Wednesday was Christmas. I decided to stay home from work because it was ultimately a holiday and though not terribly religious, my family always celebrated together with presents, lots of food (pie's and cookies) and togetherness. It was a tough day for me and I started it with some eggs and mimosas (like i would with my mom) spent it watching X-mass movies, and cleaning. We went to Lorre's Ger (uhhum Will's new Ger) for a X-mass movie and some champagne. I went home and thanks to the world of technology (skype) I was able to watch my cousins open their X-mass presents. It was a nice way to end the night and very much needed to feel the happy Christmas spirit. 
I know that the first x-mass away was going to be tough, I was just surprised at how tough it ended up being. It was nice to be able to have friends around to celebrate with and I don't know what i would have done without them!  It also makes me think about my mom doing PC in the 70's. She didn't have a cell phone, internet (hell, i'm not even sure internet existed back then!) That makes me realize how lucky I really am to be in PC in this day and age. I'm in MONGOLIA, yet my family is just a click away!

Tonight is New Years! I am sure there will be much to share! I also will be updating about my schools shin jilt just as soon as my counterpart brings the disk with the photos on it! Have a safe Holiday and I'll meet you in the future new year America!

No comments:

Post a Comment