Monday, July 1, 2013

June 8-9, 2013 GaMeS and Views


Dana’s sister (Toya) and brother (Hoya at least that is what I think his name is) in law came over today.  Toya is very interested in learning English so she and I worked on her English and my Mongolian. They pick it up so fast here. But I also know that some of them have been training for years. I am so lucky that Dana speaks such amazing English. Around 3 Toya and Hoya decided they would take me up the hills into the woods to pick some seeds off the trees. I am told they will be planted but do not know when that will be. After, we went to visit a family friend of theirs. Scott is staying with their family friend, Jake and Cal are near as well so everyone came over, played a matching game with bones, (Shagi) and drank some Russian beer. When it was time to leave, about 9:30 we went home and there was corn beef has with other things mixed in with it. It was pretty tasty, and it didn’t take me very long before I retired to bed for the night.
My homestay family is amazing! They give me space but always include me in things. They do funny things sometimes too. Dana is always asking me if I want more food, or if I want to take a nap. Torga is always smiling at me and when I ask her something she will usually follow me around until I somehow communicate what I want.  My homestay is on a little farm with 18 Unee (cow), two mores (cats), and two nohjey (dogs). Behind my house there are hills that overlook the som (town), and off in the distance you can see the mountains. It is simply beautiful and peaceful here.  No wonder I am sleeping so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment