Tuesday, March 25, 2014

29 and feeling fine (миний төрсөн өдөр)

A month ago I had my first Mongolian Birthday. It fell on a Wednesday so the birthday festivities didn't happen till later the weekend when I went to UB. I was extremely excited that I would be spending my birthday with my new expat friends and PC friends for my birthday weekend. My weekend started with an amazing home cooked meal and a unique birthday present. I got an easel from my guy and couldn't wait until dinner was ready to experiment with my new present!  The next day Katelynn, my really good PC volunteer friend that I roomed with from day one in Washington came into town. After a fantastic day of shopping and doing all things girly, we all got dressed up and went out. After a fantastic dinner with about 10 friends we went out to another bar and then finally out to a club where (thanks to said boyfriend) we had an amazing time in the VIP section. The weekend ended on Sunday with Marc by watching a ballet performance and having a delicious dinner. It was fantastic to be able to just watch a ballet  in UB, but the females in the performance far outshined the men. It was still amazing to just be there. The restaurant made me feel like i was back in Boston. It was delicious, and one of the most perfect birthdays I have ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment