Saturday, June 1, 2013

DAY 1= JeTLaG!


I  got up May 30th at the ungodly hour of 3a.m…It’s now…well…6:30 am the next day (Your time) 7:30 PM mine. Our group of 50 got on two buses this morning at 4 am without a hitch! Airport personnel checked us in (as a group) and three hours later we were sitting at the gate waiting for our quarter to 10 flight.  After a quick layover of 45 minutes we were enroute to Seoul, South Korea. A flight that takes 13 hours.  The plane was gorgeous, and had ridiculous seating for first and business class passengers.

If I had been privileged enough to gain the first class or business class rediculously spacious seating, I probably would have slept however; I did not so my snoozing was at a minimal. Do you see the seats behind the one I am sitting in? Those were ours.
13 hours later and 2 naps at an hour a piece and we land in SEOUL SOUTH KOREA! THe airport reminds me of a mall, and get this, there are showers. I am not talking showers similiar to those in highschool, where there are shower quarters in a locker room; I am talking about an immaculate, spacious personal bathroom. They hand you a towel, toiletries and everything is FREE.  A completely FREE service. Darn right I took one, and I must say; it was AMAZING! The airport also had massage services, a resting area (with lounge chairs), a lounging area, and multiple other luxuries (although I did not partake in those because they were NOT free).
By the time I showered and ate, it was time to board the last flight. three hours later, we landed in MONGOLIA! After grabbing our bags, we were met by other Peace Corps Volunteers cheering and signs Welcoming us to Mongolia. It was a SURREAL feeling! 
By the time we boarded the buses, drove to our Ger sites and settled in for the night it was 1:30 a.m. It obviously did not take me a great deal of time to pass out!

No comments:

Post a Comment